TFF = Twitter Friend Friday

Count me on the ever growing bandwagon called Twitter. It’s fantastic, informative and made sense to me from the get go vs other social sites. Now I will admit there is some stupid s*$#t on Twitter at times. But search some topics that apply to your job, life, and/or passion. Find a few tweets you think are interesting or you identify with, follow these Tweeters. If you’ve done it right you’ll find out all kinds of things you used to only hear about if you researched or sought out. There are also a few lists of does and don’t out there which I think are helpful to those starting your Twitter existence. I think the most important point made is to share stuff that benefits the community, including other Tweeters you found useful. This brings me to TFF or Twitter Friend Friday.

Twitter Friend Friday (TFF) is not my idea but unfortunately in the large amount of reading I have done I have lost the source. If you find the original ninja of TFF please tweet me. Until then this was my interpretation of TFF: On Friday’s, tweet three Tweeters you have found useful/funny/helpful/enlightening….. you get my point, that week. This gives others that follow you a chance to discover new Tweeters they can also follow. It’s also a nice way of recognizing those Tweeters that are giving useful information to the community. It what I like to call our own user driven Twit-dora (OK I know that was super cheese, could not resist).

So this next Friday put a reminder in your calendar to tweet those that made your Twitter week exceptional. (Hint: RT this ASAP)

3 comments:

Jefé said...

I like this a lot. It kinda goes along with my blog on building a better community in an effort to gain better knowledge: http://www.userdrivenchange.com/a-call-to-arms

Kathy E. Gill said...

Sounds a little like "Follow Friday" (FF).

@kegill

J. Dirks said...

It is a little like follow Friday but the idea here is not to just post out every friend you made that week like many do on Twitter. The idea is to narrow it down to three friends who truly gave something of value to you. Follow Friday is great until I get the same person recommending 50 people.... What is the value there?!? Thanks for the comment Kathy!

 


A Digital Guy In The Radio Box - Templates Novo Blogger 2008