Farewell to the box.....

Today I am proud to announce the formation of Social Creature Media LLC, a social media company dedicated to humanizing brands and creating custom interactions for our clients. It is my strong belief that Social Media is not a fad; it’s the way of the future online. Additionally like SEO/PPC was before it many companies will attempt to do this in-house but quickly realize that an out sourced solution will achieve the best results for the highest ROI. The formal launch date of Social Creature Media is set for late September 2009. More details coming very shortly.

This brings me to why today is “The Day”; after two and half years I am resigning my post as Director of Digital and Strategic Sales and Marketing at Entercom Seattle. My time with Entercom has been a wonderful experience; I have made many special friendships and learned lessons that will echo in my professional life forever. My resignation in no way should be misconstrued as something Entercom did or did not do; it a personal decision that gets me closer to my own personal goals for my life and family. Entercom is blessed to have a very talented group of individuals and with some changes can position itself as a media player in the future. I want to thank all my colleagues, clients, and mentors for an amazing two and half years. I wish each of you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

If you are reading this I’d love to add you to my social circle; please take a moment to connect with me on any or all of the below networks:
Twitter Facebook LinkedIn MySpace FriendFeed Biznik YouTube Google Reader

In closing, I want to once again thank my wife for the incredible rock she has been as I’ve made my decision to leave the safe confines of corporate America for my own gig, the many friends and colleagues who have rooted for me each step of the way, and my mentors who have helped me execute my plan over the past few weeks. Without their love and support I would not be about to embark on this great adventure today. And to those in the traditional media industry (and I stress the whole industry) I leave you with a quote from Mr. Einstein, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. I look forward to sharing this new chapter in my life and staying in touch with each of you.

Always,

Josh Dirks

6 comments:

Larry said...

Dear Farewell..... You the man and I LOVE the quote at the end. Just made it a wallpaper on my mac..

Jason said...

Good for you, I KNOW you are going to do awesome!

Nehalem98 said...

Awesome Josh! Best of luck, you'll do great; you deserve it. We say that Einstein quote a lot in AA, too. Keep us all posted.
Anna

Rob Walker said...

I still think we need to stay tight. there are so many ways for radio/social networking to mesh... you're brilliant and I love talking about how the two can interact...

Word verification: analog

Unknown said...

Well said, Josh. Congrats!

R. Berry said...

Hey Josh! I didn't know you were a born Texan? Me too! Dallas, brotha. Anyways, this looks awesome - you're gonna kill it!

 


A Digital Guy In The Radio Box - Templates Novo Blogger 2008